We want you to be able to enjoy your diamond jewellery throughout your life, and then be able to pass it on to the next generation. Since diamonds last forever, our jewellery care recommendations are more concerned with the proper care of gold and platinum precious metals.
Caring For Your Jewellery
The following tips will help keep your jewellery in pristine condition:
- Remove jewellery before showering or washing. Soap can cause a film to form on jewellery, making it dull.
- There are a number of commercial cleaning products available to clean jewellery available in your local jewellery or department store.
- A soft chamois cloth is an effective and inexpensive way to keep jewellery clean and polished.
- Don't ever use toothpaste to clean jewellery.
- Be careful of chlorine. Chlorine, especially at high temperatures, can permanently damage and discolour jewellery.
- Do not wear gold while using chlorine bleach.
- Do not wear gold while in a swimming pool or hot tub.
- You can remove tarnish with jewellery cleaner. After brushing, simply rinse with lukewarm water and leave to dry.
- Always clean new earring hooks with an alcohol swab before wearing.
- Apply make-up, hair spray and perfume before putting on jewellery. The chemicals in these products will damage the finish of the precious metal and could damage certain gemstones.